Some good days this last weekend. My folks came up, and spent Saturday and part of Sunday with us. We got to go to Tuba Christmas! This is only the second year that it's been here in Ames, and it was pretty awesome. It was held in the church that we attend, First UMC, and the place was packed! I got some camera pictures, but nothing really good. Hopefulyl next year I'll get to play in the ensemble myself. I miss stuff like that, playing in bands and whatnot.
Jay was such a good little boy in church today! Kathy got to sing with the cantata at the 8:30 service, and then play in the bell choir at the later one. Jay, Mom and I went to the early one, and he was really well behaved, and even fell asleep for a bit while Mom was holding him. He's had a pretty big weekend, getting his Flu shot, seeing G&G Slater, and going out with us to various locations this weekend.
New things from daddy's perspective: Getting barfed on isn't so bad (yet) except when it's on my forehead. That one was kinda messy. Sometimes, all you need to do to feel right as rain, is poop! Laughter is really the best medicine, especially when it's Jay who is laughing. (it's really contagious!) Money isn't everything, but it sure sucks when you can't afford to get your little boy and wife much for Christmas. All those times when I was little, when I didn't want to take a nap..... I really wish I could have those now. It's always good to see family, and to share in love and laughter, especially this time of year. I think I enjoy seeing our families more now that we have a little boy to share the joy with. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment