Late night tonight. Little Jay and Kathy are finally sleepin. I hope they feel better tomorrow. :) I'm slowly getting over this crap, but now she's got it.
I'm going to try and burn into my brain some of the looks I got from my little boy today. When he looks at me and smiles that innocent, truly happy smile, I almost go to tears every time. He makes me feel so good when he's happy, and it makes me feel awful when I know he's hurting, or in pain and I can't help. That look of pure love and happiness today is something that most of us are missing in our lives, and it's a tough thing to get back, even when you get to my age. I really truly know what that feels like when I get to hold him, and when I get to hold Kathy. The good lord has truly blessed me with my family, and I am very thankful for it each and every day.
I hope I remember that look he gave me when in the near future he's set fire to the couch, or broken his brand new computer, or told me he never wants to talk to me again. He's always gonna be mah lil boy. :~)
No comments:
Post a Comment